Who we are
Water: a Common Good!
· December 7 - ICE water campaign, exhibition and concert
· Firenze 10+10 ends: call for action and road-map
· Sacred visions on water, European Parliamant, November 19
· European Water Movement Assembly at Firenze 10+10, 9th November
· Conference of Riccardo Petrella, invited by the French association H2O (in French)
· video of the ECI "Water and sanitation are a human right!" campaign
· Invitation to the European Water Assembly in Firenze 10+10
· Argentina : Claim to include the right to water into the civil code (in spanish)
· La terre: un bien commun’autre ?
· Resource against human right (in French)
· The InterAction Council denies the human right to water in its recommendations
· Projection Tour of "Catastroika" in Belgium
· Drinking fountains in the Walloon area of Belgium: the return? (in French)
· The Constitutional Court blocks the privatization of water and local public services - July 20
· Agua Boa : pré-inscription pour "Les vigies européennes de l'eau"
· Press (French) - Pérou: Humala propose une réforme constitutionnelle pour le droit à l'eau
· RAMPEDRE - press (French) : A la source d'un projet mondial
· Young active citizens up 5 to 18 years old are calling for a healthy water management
· Une Alliance pour aider les collectivités à revenir en gestion publique de l’eau
· Diario La Capital - "Lo que dejó la ONU, un Río – 20"
· Chasquis anuncian marcha de la bandera a Lima
· National Water Day in Morocco, organised by the ACME : 2012 Edition (in French)
· Presentation of RAMPEDRE at the Peoples' Summit - Cúpula dos Povos (Rio de Janeiro, June 2012)
· July 28th as a World Water Day in stead of March 22th!
· The IERPE at the Blue Pavilion of the Peoples' Summit
· Final Declaration of the Assembly of water movements gathered at the Peoples' Summit
· article l'Humanité - "La concrétisation du droit à l’eau reste encore à gagner"
· Est Ensemble : une victoire qui en appelle d’autres !
· Rampedre and Pacto Publico del Agua de Rosario at the People's Summit during Rio+20, June 15 et 16
· From 15.06 to 23.06 - People's Summit during Rio+20
· 25.05 - MEPs call for high-level EU human rights envoy External relations
· May 22, International Day for (Marine) Biological Diversity
Via Campesina - Rio+20: International campaign of struggles, Peoples of the World against the Commodification of Nature
· Water Bills and the Right to Water (in French)
· Riccardo Petrella, feature speaker for the 2012 Intl Summit of Cooperatives, on the role of cooperatives
· Direito à água é garantido no texto base da Rio+20, mas princípios sociais seguem enfraquecidos nas definições da economia verde. (André Abreu, Fundação France Libertés, 27 de abril de 2012)
· Ecuador: Plurinational March for Life, Water, and Dignity
· 24 mai, European Parliament - 24/04/2012 @ 13:00"> 1st Assembly of the ECI "Water for citizens'" associative platform > 24 mai, European Parliament
· Red Agua Publica: a new network against the merchandization of water
· Du Forum alternatif mondial de l’eau à Rio + 20
· Ecodialogues of Vigan: thinking man in his environment - from 9 to 13 May 2012
· Let support the Ecuadorian march for water and for life!
· Defender el agua es defender la vida. Basta de extractivismo y de criminalización
· I fontanelli alle Olimpiadi 2012 - Publiacqua esporta a Londra
· Great success for the Alternative World Water Forum!
· European countries against the right to water: Open letter to the European Parlementaries
· News from the Alternative World Water Forum
· The European Network of Cities and Water contributes to the Aubagne Appeal
· The IERPE is at the Alternative World Water Forum
· Water, a common asset of Humanity: an issue at stake for the right to the city
· This Friday 3 Feb.: Support Party for the Alternative World Water Forum at Mundo-B (Brussels)
Copenhagen - COP 15
Peace with Water
Seminar 6/7 March 2008
8 visitors online
La Via Campesina calls on all the peasant organizations of the world and their allies to organize actions in the month of June
The advance of the capitalist system that has reached unprecedented dimensions in the past two decades is resulting in crises that are of equally unprecedented dimensions. The financial, food, energy and environmental crises are phases of the structural crisis of capitalism, which has no limits in its search for more profits. And, as in other structural crises, it impacts the peoples of the world and not the elites.
The Rio +20 Conference is a clear example. Instead of bringing together all the governments of the world to find real solutions for the environmental crisis, the event will serve to consolidate the false solutions and the appropriation of territories of the peasants and traditional peoples. In the United Nations Conference, only the interests of the large corporations will have a chance.
So as Via Campesina , we call on our member organizations and allies to organize and carry out struggles all over the world during the entire month of June, with particular emphasis on June 5, World Environment Day, showing our unity and strength to send in advance from all corners of the world a resounding message to the governments that will be at Rio +20 from June 20 to 22 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Parallel to the official conference, the people of the world will be meeting at the People’s Summit in a process of collective construction and permanent mobilization. The week of June 18 to 22 wil be a period of global mobilization, since our task is not only in Rio de Janeiro. We should carry out the campaign of struggles in each country, especially on June 20 when the official conference opens. During this period the struggles in all the continents should be echoing in Rio de Janeiro and throughout the world.
To read the integrality of this appeal: http://viacampesina.org/en/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.